Collection will begin Monday, October 17th and will continue until leaves are picked up or the weather prevents collection.
Tips to facilitate and speed up the leaf collection process:
1. Place leaves parallel and adjacent to the curb on the lawn (within six-feet (6’) of the curb line)
2. Please do not put leaves in the street, on a tarp, cover with tarp or branches, or put in bags
3. Please do not include animal wastes with the leaves
4. Please help us serve you better by placing leaves away from curbies, light poles, mailboxes, signs, trees, posts, utility boxes/pedestals, etc.
5. And please do not park on the street in front of the yard waste until pick-up is complete (if possible, allow fifty feet (50’) either side of the pile so the tractor pulling a trailer with vacuum hose has enough room to collect the material)
6. If you live on a dead-end street, place material on the curb in front of the house, not on the dead end
7. If you live on a corner lot it is possible that one side will be picked up before the other as the trucks run north to south and then east to west to be more efficient in the collection process. (Suggestion: Place all leaves on the same side of the street if you want all your leaves picked up at the same time.)
* Please share this information with your yard service company.
* The collection process is quite lengthy (it took over 6 weeks in 2021), and in order to complete the process before it snows, crews sometimes have to start the collection before all the leaves have fallen.
* Should you miss the collection dates, yard waste can be taken to the City’s yard waste drop-off site. Snow may end the process prematurely but leaves and garden waste can be taken to the drop-off site.
Drop-off Site Open 24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week - The brush and soft yard waste drop-off sites located at 1128 North Swift Street, (southwest intersection of St. Julien and Swift Streets) with access off West Swift Street are open year around for your convenience in dropping off brush and soft yard waste. Brush and tree trimmings need to be cut shorter than 6 feet. Separate bunker now provided for dropping off fill (rocks, dirt, etc.). REMINDER: Access Pass (orange sticker) required for compost/drop-off Site.
The Brush, Leave & Grass Collection service is provided and funded by the Environmental Service Fee on your utility bill.