MRVT Preschool Bus Transportation Service
MRVT provides safe and reliable rides for daycare, preschool and kindergarten age children in the cities of Le Sueur and Saint Peter. We provide rides to and from homes, preschools, kindergarten and daycares. This is a “kids only” route that will get your child to their destination safely.
Early morning pick-up times from home or daycare to preschool are between 7:15 and 8 a.m.
Drop Off Locations - Saint Peter
- Little Angels - John Ireland School
- Little Lambs - Saint Peter Lutheran Church
- Kids Corner - Community Center
Transportation to and from Kasota is not available
Drop Off Locations - Le Sueur
- Le Sueur Nursery School
- Little Giants Preschool
- Faithful Beginnings - St. Anne’s School
Transportation to and from Henderson is not available
Late Morning Transfer Times
The following transfers will pick up between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Daycare to Preschool, Home to Preschool, Kindergarten to Preschool
- Preschool to Daycare, Preschool to Home, Preschool to Kindergarten
Mid-Afternoon Return Home Times
Return home trips are between 2:30 and 3:30 p.m.
Parents pay a monthly fee. The program is based on a 4 week month and is prepaid 2 months at a time. The costs are monthly fees based on the number of trips scheduled.
The first payment is due prior to the start of school and then again at the end of October, December, February, and April.
Monthly Cost Schedule
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- 1 Trip per day - 3 days per week - $24
- 2 Trips per day - 3 days per week - $39
- Tuesday and Thursday
- 1 Trip per day - 2 days per week - $16
- 2 Trips per day - 2 days per week - $26
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- 1 Trip per day - 4 days per week - $32
- 2 Trips per day - 4 days per week - $52
- Monday through Friday
- 1 Trip per day - 5 days per week - $40
- 2 Trips per day - 5 days per week - $65
Accountability for each rider will be managed by a Digital Log.
A parent of each rider will fill out a registration form that includes home address, where the child will be riding to, parent contact information (cell phone) and a current photo for ID purposes.
The email address listed on the registration form will be used for any notifications throughout the school year.
Pick-up and drop off schedule will be based on enrollment in the program and the route established by Minnesota River Valley Transit staff.
In the event that Saint Peter Schools operates with a late start at 10:00 AM, there will be no morning route that day.
Registrations made or received during the calendar week preceding the start of preschool may not receive service during the first week of school. This is necessary so that schedules can be set and provided to parents without last minute changes.
Download the Registration Form (PDF).
Completed registration forms can be emailed to Operations Manager Sandi Owen, dropped off at the Finance Department, City Hall, 227 S. Front St., Saint Peter or dropped off at the MRVT Transit Office in Le Sueur, 601 S. Fifth St., Le Sueur.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Sandi Owen at 888-880-4696 or email Minnesota River Valley Transit Operations Manager Sandi Owen.