Distributed Energy Resources (DER) (Solar Panels)
The City of Saint Peter utilizes the Minnesota Municipal Interconnection Process (M-MIP). Interconnection information is found below. Before the interconnection process can begin, a City of Saint Peter Building Permit Application must be approved.
The building permit can be obtained by contacting the Building Department at 507-934-0662, stopping by 227 S. Front St. or clicking on the link: Building Permit Application.
Both the Building Permit Application and Interconnection Application (found below) must be submitted to the Building Department found at 227 S. Front St. All fees will be processed at the Building Department.
Questions regarding the Interconnection Application may contact Jason Lee, Electric Superintendent at 507-934-0670, located at the City of Saint Peter Public Works Office 405 W St Julien St.
1) Booklets - Anyone requested interconnect information receives a Process Overview booklet and the appropriate Process booklet (b, c, or d).
- Process Overview
- Simplified Process (under 20kW capacity)
- Fast Track Process (see applicability within)
- Study Process (see applicability within)
2) Initial Procedural Forms
3) Supplemental Agreement Forms
4) Final Agreement Forms
5) Additional Documents
For further information on distributed generation and interconnection contact the Public Works Director at 507-934-0670.