The City Clerk/Administrator (commonly referred to as the “City Administrator”) is the chief appointed official for the City of Saint Peter. Todd Prafke serves as City Administrator. Mr. Prafke has been in this position since 1997.
The Office of the City Administrator is created in the City Code. The City Administrator is responsible to, and serves at the pleasure of the Council as as the chief administrative officer of the City. The City Administrator is responsible for administration of all affairs of the City. The Administrator oversees and directs the operation of all Departments, Divisions, and Offices of the City except as otherwise provided by law.
The City Administrator is also responsible to:
- Supervise and direct all City employees.
- Develop and issue administrative policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Enforce all laws, City Code provisions, and resolutions of the City and, as necessary, make recommendations for revisions or additions
- Attend and participate in discussions at all meetings of the Council and other bodies as required. The City Administrator represents the City at all functions.
- Recommend employment or removal of all City personnel. Provide for recruitment, screening, and interviewing of prospective employees.
- Supervise the preparation of and submission of an annual budget and keep the Council advised as to the financial condition of the City.
- Supervise purchasing, including the making or letting of contracts. Receive sealed bids and recommend award of bids to the Council.
Please feel free to contact the City Administrator’s Office for all of your City needs and questions related to:
- Advisory Boards and Commissions
- City Code
- City Council Information
- Elections (Voting and Filing for Office)
- Public Information Requests
If we aren’t the Department you need to speak to, we will be happy to direct you to someone else who can help.