Transient Merchant / Peddler / Solicitor License
The Saint Peter City Code requires that any peddler, solicitor, or transient merchant engaging in any such business within the City obtain a license and file a bond with the City. Each license shall apply to a maximum of three persons provided all such persons engage in a single licensed activity.
- Completed Application (Permit Application or the form can be obtained at the Community Development Office - 227 South Front Street)
- $1,000 Surety Bond
- One of the following as evidence of Workers' Compensation Insurance pursuant to M.S. section 176.181, Subd. 2:
- A certificate of insurance from the licensee's insurance company, stating that the licensee has workers' compensation insurance; or
- A copy of a written order from the Commissioner of Insurance, granting the licensee permission to self-insure; or
- A statement by the licensee's attorney that in his opinion the licensee is not subject to the provisions of the workers' compensation law, including a citation to the specific statute which exempts the license.
Transient Merchants/Peddlers/Solicitors are allowed in the business district only without obtaining a permit, but must check in with the Saint Peter Police Department located at 207 South Front Street.
6 Month $200.00
Investigation Fee $50.00
Questions: Call 934-0661