Campsites are available on a first come, first serve basis. No reservations are taken. Campers must register with the Police Department. Please call the Police Department at (507) 931-1550 if you have any questions.
The Police Department is located in the Municipal Building, 207 South Front Street, Saint Peter, MN 56082.
Campers must register at the Police Department in the Municipal Building, located between both Front Street entrances to the Park.
Sites with camper/electric hook-ups are $26.72 (includes tax) per night, and tent/non-electric sites are $16.03 (includes tax) per night. Campsites are available on a first come, first serve basis and are restricted to one vehicle per site, with no more than 6 people per site unless as a single family unit.
Check-out time is 12:00 noon.
Riverside Municipal Campground is located within the 120 acre Riverside Park on the banks of the Minnesota River in historic Saint Peter, Minnesota.
The park contains nearly 2,000 feet of frontage on the Minnesota River and its related backwaters. A designated state canoe route, the Minnesota River is known for its large walleyes and catfish.
Riverside Park accesses miles of hiking, biking, cross country ski and snowmobile trails. Other amenities include a river access boat landing, playground, picnic shelters, picnic tables, volleyball courts, restroom/shower facilities and a two-acre fishing pond for use by youth under the age of 16 and senior citizens. Facilities nearby include gas, groceries, laundry, hospital and churches.
Rules and Regulations
- Park hours are 7 am – 10 pm. Only registered campers are allowed from 10 pm – 7 am. Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 8 am. Excessive noise may fall under the auspices of unlawful assembly and/or disturbing the peace.
- Camping availability is on a first come, first serve basis, no reservations are allowed. All campers must be registered and paid before occupying a site. A campsite’s occupancy is limited to one camping unit. Additional persons are permitted only with prior approval.
- A person/group may not camp for more than seven days in succession without prior approval.
- Camping is allowed only in designated sites. There are 11 electrical sites and 5 tent sites. It is prohibited to install or affix equipment or a structure in a permanent manner. Furniture other than camping related portable chairs and tables is prohibited.
- Vehicles are only permitted in properly marked stalls and lots. Speed limit within the park is 10 mph. Vehicles (including motorbikes) are not allowed on trail ways.
- Portable stoves or grills are permitted. Fires are only allowed within fire rings and in accordance with state regulations. Do not leave a fire unattended. Ensure fires are completely extinguished before leaving. Harvesting of firewood is prohibited.
- Pets are allowed only on a leash at all times, no longer than 6 feet and prohibited inside buildings. Pets must have current rabies vaccination. Owners are responsible for cleaning up pet waste.
- Dispose of garbage in provided receptacles. Littering is prohibited. Disposal of sewage waste must be in accordance with chapter 4630. Sanitary dump station is located the entrance to the park off Front St & Park Row.
- Swimming is not allowed in the Mill Pond or the Minnesota River, due to unsafe swimming conditions.
- Firearms, fireworks, airguns, slingshots, traps, bows, etc are not allowed at any time. Hunting and trapping is prohibited.
- The City of Saint Peter is not responsible for lost or stolen items.